Bulk Gene Search System for Java
- Computer with java 1.3 or higher installed.
- The application has been tested on Windows 98, NT, 2000 and XP.
- The application does not run on Mac OS 9, since there is no java 1.3 support for this platform.
- The application also works on Solaris, Linux and FreeBSD
How to Use BGSSJ
- Download the BGSSJ Client program file,BGSSJ_*.exe (only Windows OS), BGSSJ_*.jar(run "java -jar BGSSJ_*.jar" from the command line)
- Simply input the UniGene cluster ID (eg. Hs.100002) or Gene symbols (eg. YMEL1)
- Gene names and associated gene functions within the linked
databases will be generated.
- Multiple accession numbers (or symbols) may be entered and searched at the same
The BGSSJ allows for easy and interactive querying using different gene identifiers (GenBank ID, UniGene, SwissProt, gene symbol), generates a summary page with listings of the frequencies of Gene Ontology annotations for each functional category (cluster), and separate pages with listings of annotations for each gene in a cluster, and provides quantitative and statistical output files. The visualization browser allows users to navigate the cluster hierarchy displayed in a tree-like structure and explore the associated genes or proteins of each cluster through a user-friendly interface. BGSSJ will save time and enhance the ability to analyze gene expression and proteomics data.
If you have any problem about this system, please contact
Hsuan-Cheng Huang or Hsueh-Fen Juan.
Last modified: Feb. 12 2004